Manual JSD Rescheck Comcheck Questions for Rescheck.info
My answers below in bold and a fresh report.
- I noticed you have listed the foundation as 4′ Mine will not be that deep as I have high surface water when the fields nearby are irrigated. That’s the reason for the low crawl space. I’ll have only about a 30″ wall exposed in crawl space
Modified to 30″
- Exterior doors are listed as solid, Would that be same as insulated metal doors
- the garage will be insulated with R11 – R13 in walls R19 or better in ceiling and car doors will be R12 or better Does the help?
Garage does not count in calculations
- we will be using the LED pancake lights instead of the traditional recessed lights. Not sure if this is part of the calculation
Lights do not count in calculations
- After Meeting with my HVAC guy yesterday we are using a HI efficiency gas furnace 95-98% to heat main part of house.
This is not part of the calculations. Rescheck works on your climate zone vs insulation used.
- The bonus room will have its own heat source. Possibly a PTAC type of unit.
This is not part of Rescheck.
I’m just wondering if any of this will help me out as the 4.7% BTC is a little close.
4.7% is a healthy margin to pass by (Your new report passes by 4.4%). This is in the higher range of what we see on a daily basis over multiple reports. As the report states this % is just how close to compliance based on trade off rules. It is not an estimate of energy use or cost relative to a minimum code home.
Your fresh report is attached. Basically all you need to do is click print and you have everything you need for the energy side of your permit.